helps GAN Eurocourtage to set up a requirements elicitation process for
all business cases. For more than 6 years, Objectiver
has been used to produce all requirements documents of the company.
- GAN is one of the major insurance companies in France. The
Eurocourtage branch focuses on the business with
the insurance brokers.
- Most of the core business software is developed
inside the company by the IT department.
- The company has identified the key role that business
analysts have to play to understand business needs and translate them
in customer requirements. A team of about 15 analysts has
been set up to help the business departments and the IT department to
understand each other.
- The elicitation processes were informal and the
results for analyses were too dependent on the skills and experience of
the analysts. The only tool used to produce requirements document was
- Training and coaching of the business analysts team to
become acquainted with the methodology and the tool.
- Objectiver is
used to elicit, analyse the customer requirements and produce a
requirements document which is validated by the business. Then the
requirements document is passed to the IT department which
analyzes the gap between customer requirements and what the
IT systems provide in order to produce product requirements and
evaluate the development cost.
- The requirements are also exported from Objectiver
to populate their quality management software for elaborating the acceptance tests.
- Standardization of the elicitation process, the analysis
process and the production of requirements documents
- Improvement of the quality of requirements documents
- The most sceptical people from the business community about
the methodology became the best advocates of it afterwards
- Progressive scaling-up starting from a
pilot projet led in a "co-sourcing" mode coupling one expert
of the methodology and one experimented business analyst. Then,
progressive enlargement to the whole team.